The spec on our office tower has some stringenct levelness and flatness tolerances. We’re talking to a few different concrete vendors and they are all saying they will be a challenge to hit. Does anyone have any experience achieving high flatness and levelness tolerances on suspended slabs?
For information the FF / FL requirement is 50 / 50.
Thanks in advance!
Hey there Ruby – thats extremely high for a commercial slab but regardless a few tips for you:
- Have your concrete contractor submit a plan on how they intend to achieve the flatness levels prior to the pour
- If it’s on metal deck you’ll likely need to shore the bottom of the slab
- Have your contractor and supplier review the mix designs
- Use a laser screed and ride on trowels. That level is extremely challenging to hit manually
- Make sure to measure at the alotted time.